Today ill like to show how an oil rig offloads new supplies, which range from equipment, tools and most importantly food!
While it is down to the crane operator to offload the containers from the supply vessel, it is all orchestrated by the offshore materials coordinator.
The materials controller duties:
- Arranging for the despatch and delivery of materials and goods
- Making sure that materials and equipment have the necessary certification.
- Ensuring that relevant stores are aware of deliveries and that they allocate space for goods on arrival.
- Chasing up suppliers to ensure goods and materials are delivered on time to meet business needs.
- Maintaining the materials management system.
- Preparing reports on materials receipt and delivery and on the performance of suppliers
- Acting as a focal point for suppliers and internal departments for questions about materials scheduling, problems, and the like.
Norwegian supply vessel crew, unhooking the containers.