I have recently purchased the ThinkTank Retrospective 30 shoulder camera bag and im very impressed.
So i thought that i would share my thoughts.
As any photographer will tell you once you have a camera bag the buying will never stop.
I have numerous bags now... obviously for different jobs and not for collectomaniac reasons
With the recent purchase of a couple of larger zoom lenses, i was after a larger shoulder bag.
Im a BIG fan of Think Tank, their products are bomb proof and look great.
I am a big fan of bags that do not shout out, that this is a camera bag full of expensive kit, and so the subtle styling of the Retrospective range is right up my street. There isn't even a large Think Tank label.
This is a nice feature, The large opening flap is velcro fastened. There is an option to cover the velcro to silence you opening the bag. This will be great at weddings and other events where you are trying to remain inconspicuous.
Large space, with moveable inserts allowing you to customise for your equipment.
Stylish, inconspicuous design.
Large enough even for your 70-200mm lens, The Retrospective 30 can fit some telephoto zoom lenses attached to a DSLR, facing sideways in the bag..
The Retrospective series is comprised of four shoulder bags and two lens changer bags. Created for the professional photographer that wants to blend in with the crowd and remain inconspicuous in any situation. Our product designers have blended the look and feel of "old-school" camera bags and infused it with "new-school" features and technology for the digital imaging age.
- Minimalist outer appearance conceals expensive photo equipment
- Carries a pro size DSLR with standard zoom lens attached
- Wider size to fit a 70-200 f2.8 attached to DSLR facing sideways
- Accommodates 2-4 lenses in main compartment with 2 DSLR bodies in front pockets
- Two front pockets to carry pro size DSLRs (bodies only)
- Organizer pocket built into main compartment for pens, note pad, batteries, etc.
- Choice of two different colors, black or pinestone, to suit the situation
- Hook and Loop “Sound Silencers” on the front flap eliminate noise while opening the bag
- Soft, adjustable shoulder strap with cushioned non-slip pad
- Clear business card holder under front flap
- Removable short carrying handle for convenience
- Seam-sealed rain cover included for protection against the elements
- 1 pro size DSLR with standard zoom lens attached and 1 - 3 additional lenses, including a 70-200 f2.8
- 2 pro size DSLRs (bodies only) in front pockets and 2 - 4 lenses in main compartment, including a 70-200 f2.8
- 1 pro size DSLR with 70-200 f2.8 attached, facing sideways and 1-2 additional lenses.
- Photojournalists and travel photographers
- ID: 15” W x 9.5” H x 6” D (38 x 24 x 15.2 cm)*
- *bag softness and flexibility allows expansion to carry a pro size DSLR with lens attached, facing down
- OD: 16” W x 10.5” H x 7” D (40.6 x 26.7 x 17.8 cm)
- Weight: 3.2 lbs (1.5 kg)
- Lifetime Warranty