While it is down to the crane operator to offload the containers from the supply vessel, it is all orchestrated by the offshore materials coordinator.
The materials controller duties:
- Arranging for the despatch and delivery of materials and goods
- Making sure that materials and equipment have the necessary certification.
- Ensuring that relevant stores are aware of deliveries and that they allocate space for goods on arrival.
- Chasing up suppliers to ensure goods and materials are delivered on time to meet business needs.
- Maintaining the materials management system.
- Preparing reports on materials receipt and delivery and on the performance of suppliers
- Acting as a focal point for suppliers and internal departments for questions about materials scheduling, problems, and the like.